Introduction to Negotiation Skills
14 December 2017, 9am-5pm
The Herman Miller National Design Centre, London WC2B 4AE
Are you frustrated by knowing you could have achieved a better deal or agreement in that last contract, pitch or purchase? Or maybe you manage a programme of change and need to negotiate from a manager’s position.
The ability to negotiate effectively is a key skill for workplace professionals. Our new intensive one day course will equip you with the skills and confidence you need to get better agreements right away.
This workshop will teach you to
- Set the scene for successful negotiations
- Identify the skills, knowledge and understanding necessary to be an effective negotiator in a competitive environment
- Develop particular strategies for successful negotiation
- Produce win-win resolutions for all parties
- Identify your own negotiation style and uncover its strengths and weaknesses
- What is Negotiation
- The Framework for Success
- Definition of Successful Negotiation
- Key Stages of Negotiation
- Negotiation Power
- Negotiation Initial Stage
- Communication and Negotiation
- Managing Relationships
- Negotiation Styles
- Tactics for Securing Value
- Negotiation Mistakes
- Taking Risks
- Knowing when to stop
Our speaker, Billy Milton
Billy is a director of a negotiation company where he trains executives to think differently about negotiating, whether they are in the boardroom, the shop floor or the procurements office. His courses are not off-the-shelf training manuals but negotiation strategies gained from hard hours at the coal face.
He is dedicated to maximising the value his clients deliver through their commercial negotiations. He helps people think differently about negotiation, change their behaviour and enables them to deliver remarkable results for themselves and their organisations.
Billy not only teaches negotiating but actually negotiates on behalf of companies. His recent clients have included the RAC, Cap Gemini, IHG, NFUm, Santander, Barclaycard, Lloyds TSB, Merck and Avis.
We’re confident you’ll benefit from this day, but if, having completed the workshop, you aren’t completely satisfied, we’ll look to either refund your payment or carry it across to another event.
Early bird registration is open now and costs £225 + VAT pp, which includes lunch and all refreshments throughout the day. Numbers are limited to ensure a quality interactive workshop day for delegates, so book your place now to avoid disappointment.